[Neuropostdocs] SfN Night

Gene Robinson generobi at life.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 27 12:49:05 CDT 2005

I want to emphasize how important and enjoyable SfN Night is.  Our students
get the benefit of constructive criticism of their poster before they hit
the bright lights and we all get brought up to date on what's new in each
other's labs.  Plus we continue our tradition of honoring one of our
esteemed colleagues.  This year it is Martha Gillette, who has done so much
for NSP and this campus, through her ground-breaking research, outstanding
mentorship, and tireless and creative service (not to steal my punch line
for Tuesday..).

I hope to see as many of you as possible at SfN Night.

Thanks,
Gene

Gene E. Robinson
G. William Arends Professor of Integrative Biology
Director, Neuroscience Program
Chair, Genomics of Neural and Behavioral Plasticity Theme,
Institute for Genomic Biology
Department of Entomology
University of Illinois
505 S. Goodwin Ave., Urbana, IL  61801