[Neuropostdocs] Postdoc panel -- to talk with first year students

Samuel Beshers beshers at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 19 12:12:07 CDT 2020

Hi folks,

In the spring, I lead a seminar in Professional Skills and Ethics for
the first year
Neuroscience students, and every year we have 3-4 postdocs come and talk
about "How to get a postdoc" and your experiences in grad school and after.
What I ask panel members to do is be ready to introduce yourself and
tell the
story of your postdoc in 5 minutes, and then answer questions from the class
after that.

The class meets 2:30-3:30 on Tuesdays, and from now on we'll be meeting by
Zoom.  My target date is March 31, but another date may be possible.
Please let me know if you'd be willing and able to be part of the panel, and
your availability for March 31 and April 7.

thanks,

Sam

--
Samuel N. Beshers, Ph.D.