[Neuropostdocs] Call for Applications: Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience - Postdoctoral research scholar/scientist or research scholar scientist positions.

Pregent, Stephanie Ann spregent at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 31 12:37:44 CDT 2019

STEPHANIE ANN PREGENT
Executive Function Manager | Business Administrative Associate

Neuroscience Program
405 N. Mathews | M/C 251
Urbana, IL 61801
217.244.9838 | other: 217.300.7978 | spregent at illinois.edu<mailto:spregent at illinois.edu>
neuroscience.illinois.edu<http://neuroscience.illinois.edu/>

[4D94B84B]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.

Dear Dr. Slauch,
I am a project manager at the Center for Science and Society<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__scienceandsociety.columbia.edu_&d=DwMFCQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=Kzav9Ezfo0RSSZUmaLji6vBkfh-yrjxsDTMEGacwnv8&m=rN7gRUtPNWE0RbLO6LYnk-HKjeB9zQUBRVaIYg8FJpY&s=13muazUZABqlIfgacSGYkAVBfeoJYKsw_7VWmx0ISUY&e=> at Columbia University. I am contacting you in connection with our cross-disciplinary program, Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__presidentialscholars.columbia.edu_&d=DwMFCQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=Kzav9Ezfo0RSSZUmaLji6vBkfh-yrjxsDTMEGacwnv8&m=rN7gRUtPNWE0RbLO6LYnk-HKjeB9zQUBRVaIYg8FJpY&s=9J-vm4DLHWKhmkYBrPvFjNaiThIhxOy8AVXnoE5yB8k&e=>, which supports a small cohort of interdisciplinary postdocs. We have recently announced a call for applications for the 2020-21 academic year. I wondered if I could ask you to spread the word about the program among the graduate students in your department. I realize you are extremely busy with the new semester, and I am grateful for your help.
Best,
Jozef Sulik
The Center for Science and Society<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__scienceandsociety.columbia.edu_&d=DwMFCQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=Kzav9Ezfo0RSSZUmaLji6vBkfh-yrjxsDTMEGacwnv8&m=rN7gRUtPNWE0RbLO6LYnk-HKjeB9zQUBRVaIYg8FJpY&s=13muazUZABqlIfgacSGYkAVBfeoJYKsw_7VWmx0ISUY&e=> at Columbia University invites applications for postdoctoral research scholar/scientist or associate research scholar/scientist positions to begin July 2020. Interdisciplinary postdoctoral positions are available in the Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__presidentialscholars.columbia.edu_&d=DwMFCQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=Kzav9Ezfo0RSSZUmaLji6vBkfh-yrjxsDTMEGacwnv8&m=rN7gRUtPNWE0RbLO6LYnk-HKjeB9zQUBRVaIYg8FJpY&s=9J-vm4DLHWKhmkYBrPvFjNaiThIhxOy8AVXnoE5yB8k&e=> program for researchers who have earned the doctorate, or its equivalent, in either (1) a humanities, arts, or social science discipline – such as psychology, psychiatry, public health, law, history, economics, literature, political science, philosophy, anthropology, sociology, journalism, music and the arts ― and who have extensive acquaintance with, and critical understanding of, neuroscience research; OR (2) neuroscience or a related discipline in the natural sciences and who have extensive acquaintance with, and critical understanding of, another discipline in the arts, humanities, or social sciences. These Scholars will join an innovative program, Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience, which includes up to nine postdoctoral Scholars and a large group of mentors and affiliated faculty from the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Review of applications will begin on December 2, 2019, and will continue until the positions are filled. Candidates must hold a doctoral-level degree (PhD, DPhil, EdD, Jd, MD, etc.) by July 1, 2020, and must have received this degree after July 1, 2015.
Please visit our online application site at bit.ly/RAPS-pssn2020<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_RAPS-2Dpssn2020&d=DwMFCQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=Kzav9Ezfo0RSSZUmaLji6vBkfh-yrjxsDTMEGacwnv8&m=rN7gRUtPNWE0RbLO6LYnk-HKjeB9zQUBRVaIYg8FJpY&s=PDlLa8FNNaMYdRmasRokl_S7bzkbqs1X3ZgA8rjkIc8&e=> for further information about this posting and to submit your application. For more information about the Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience program at Columbia University, please visit bit.ly/pssn2020<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_pssn2020&d=DwMFCQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=Kzav9Ezfo0RSSZUmaLji6vBkfh-yrjxsDTMEGacwnv8&m=rN7gRUtPNWE0RbLO6LYnk-HKjeB9zQUBRVaIYg8FJpY&s=U6_taNz1m5XVSDyMvvezrrYa3v4Axn0aCDCX--0dObY&e=>.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Jozef Sulik
Project Manager

Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience
The Center for Science and Society
Columbia University in the City of New York
511 Fayerweather Hall, MC 2509
1180 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10027

Office: (212) 854-0666
Fax: (212) 851-4265
presidentialscholars.columbia.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__presidentialscholars.columbia.edu_&d=DwMFCQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=Kzav9Ezfo0RSSZUmaLji6vBkfh-yrjxsDTMEGacwnv8&m=rN7gRUtPNWE0RbLO6LYnk-HKjeB9zQUBRVaIYg8FJpY&s=NWnqqSeFeboRugwQ5JhLZ1_t3E-aENY_YqnxIl5i0Wc&e=>
scienceandsociety.columbia.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__scienceandsociety.columbia.edu_&d=DwMFCQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=Kzav9Ezfo0RSSZUmaLji6vBkfh-yrjxsDTMEGacwnv8&m=rN7gRUtPNWE0RbLO6LYnk-HKjeB9zQUBRVaIYg8FJpY&s=W8t98UXQMK4uD6R5XkA5cywfRo2HstR9QIfXlTQlLyU&e=>

--
[cid:part10.87823C6B.D9B4814F at illinois.edu]