[Neuropostdocs] NSP Postdoc Breakfast - Bobby Kasthuri - Tuesday Sept 3rd

Michael Dulas mrdulas at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 30 11:39:35 CDT 2019

Hi all,

Hope everyone's semester is starting well. Next Tuesday, Sept 3rd, we will
have our first NSP speaker of the semester, Dr. Bobby Kasthuri, from
University of Chicago. His talk is entitled "Industrial scale brain
mapping." His lab is working on new frontiers of connectomics and is
interested in brain development as well as interactions with the
microbiome. Justin Rhodes in the CNS brown bag said he's a super engaging
speaker and a very interesting person in general.

Breakfast will be at 8 am, at Courier Cafe, on Sept 3rd. For those of you
who may not have done this before, the breakfasts are pretty informal,
low-key opportunities to chat with the speaker, as well as other postdocs
from the university. I've found them a great way not just to learn about
the person's research, but also a great chance to get information/advice
about life in science, what their university is like, etc. Breakfast is
paid for by NSP as well.

If you are interested in joining, please let me know, as only a limited
number of people can join.

Thanks!

-Michael Dulas