[Neuropostdocs] Fwd: Upcoming Event for Graduate Students on the Faculty Job Market

Samuel Beshers beshers at life.illinois.edu
Wed May 6 11:19:57 CDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Upcoming Event for Graduate Students on the Faculty Job Market
Date: 	Wed, 6 May 2015 15:58:24 +0000
From: 	Grad Career Development (gradcareers at illinois.edu via grad-core
To: 	grad-core at lists.illinois.edu <grad-core at lists.illinois.edu>,
grad-nonac-unit-heads at lists.illinois.edu
<grad-nonac-unit-heads at lists.illinois.edu>

The Graduate College Career Development Office is pleased to announce
our annual Faculty Job Search Retreat. I hope that you will share the
information below with graduate students and postdoctoral scholars
seeking faculty positions.

This afternoon seminar will include an overview of the application
process and information about how to develop strong application
materials. It will also include a panel of faculty from research
universities, private institutions, and community colleges who will
share their perspectives on what candidates should do to be successful
on the job market. Participants will also get the chance to meet
panelists and experts from around campus during interactive roundtables
and activities. Please encourage any graduate student or postdocs who
may be interested to register!

Please contact me if I can be a resource as your students pursue their
career goals.

Best,

Alexis Thompson

Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Development and Postdoctoral Affairs

*Faculty Job Search Retreat 2015*

*Thursday, May 28  | 12:45 pm - 5:00 pm*

*Illini Ballroom*

*Register at: *http://go.illinois.edu/FacultyJobSearchRegistration

*Are you ready for the job market? *

Attend this afternoon retreat to jumpstart your preparation, learn about
the academic job search process, and understand how to develop excellent
application materials. A panel of faculty from different institutions
will discuss what search committees desire in a candidate.