[Neuropostdocs] Spring Seminar Series

Chelsea Wong cwong26 at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 11 10:02:19 CST 2013

Hi NSP Post-Docs!

My name is Chelsea Wong and this year, I am serving as the Neuroscience
Student Organization President. As some of you might be aware, we've been
trying to reorganize and revitalize the Friday on the Brain seminar series,
which is why it was cancelled during the Fall semester. The good news is
that we will have a Spring Semester Series starting next semester and we
are looking for *four* more presenters to *fill our remaining slots*. The
seminar will be on *Wednesday from 4-5pm*, we will have two *20 minute
presentations *each week, and *food will be provided* before the seminar!
Most seminars will be located at the second floor tower room in Beckman,
but the last week of every month will be at IGB.

Here are the open dates and location:
1/29 - IGB
2/5 - Beckman
2/12- Beckman
4/30 - TBA, IGB is unavailable, trying to reserve CLSL, otherwise at Beckman

If you'd like to sign-up for a presentation slot please fill out this doodle
form <http://doodle.com/xyi8isybvqi97isx> or email me with your name and
presentation date. The goal of this student organized seminar series is to help
us practice our presentation skills so that we can effectively and
persuasively communicate our research and/or ideas to a broad
audience. Importantly,
you as the presenter have an opportunity and freedom to have fun with your
presentation no matter if it is a project proposal, research presentation
or a more general, interactive “what is a neuron?” presentation.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you in advance for
your support and consideration. We hope that you take this opportunity to
share your talents and help us strengthen our neuroscience community.

Best,
Chelsea

--
Chelsea Wong