[Neuropostdocs] Breakfast

Matt McNeill mcneill at life.illinois.edu
Sun Jan 30 16:16:52 CST 2011

Good afternoon -

Tuesday morning, we have the opportunity to have breakfast with Anis
Contractor at 8am.  Please let me know if you would like to come to
breakfast.

Research Focus

The research in the Contractor lab is focused on investigation of the
molecular mechanisms involved in modulating synaptic efficacy in the CNS.
Synapses are the sites of contact between neurons and chemical transmission
at these structures is central to all cognitive processes. In particular we
have a strong interest in elucidating the molecular nature of long term
potentiation at excitatory synapses. Our primary approach in addressing
questions relevant to synaptic transmission is through electrophysiological
recording in the mouse brain slice preparation. We employ gene-targeting
technology to generate knockout and transgenic animals and utilize broad
based molecular, biochemical and imaging approaches to address fundamental
questions underlying the mechanisms of fast excitatory neurotransmission in
the brain and its relation to learning and memory.

Website: http://contractorlab.northwestern.edu/people/contractor.html

--
Matthew McNeill, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate