[Neuropostdocs] Workshop update

Christian Beaulé cbeaule at mac.com
Mon Jun 13 16:38:58 CDT 2005

Good day (again)

Here is an update on the workshop that the Neuroscience Program Postdoc
Association is preparing for this fall.

The working title is "How to successfully apply for a position". The
goal of the workshop is to give us the postdocs an idea of what is
involved, or even required in a job application.

There was a meeting last winter and we had selected a few potential
guests for the workshop. I am happy to announce that everyone has
agreed to participate. The participants are:

Dr. Stephanie Ceman. A new assistant professor in the department of
Cell and Developmental Biology (CDB) and NSP
Dr. Joshua Gulley. A new assistant professor in the department of
Psychology and NSP
Dr. Phil Newmark. A new assistant professor in the CDB dept.

These three will be able to give us some insights on what they did to
obtain the position that they have.

Dr. Martha U. Gillette. Professor and head of the CDB dept.
Dr. Gene Robinson. Professor of entomology and NSP director

These two will be able to give us insights on what the university is
looking for in a candidate.

We are missing someone from industry. I will ask you to ask around,
especially your PI, and try to find someone who decided to pursue a
career outside of academia. It is extremely important that we find
someone close by. We may be able to provide travel support for that
person but that is still uncertain. I'm counting on you!

The date is still TBA but it will happen next fall.

Christian