[Neuropostdocs] Postdoc invited speakers

Christian Beaulé cbeaule at mac.com
Mon Jun 13 16:09:40 CDT 2005

Good day everyone,

The time has come once again to decide which speakers the NSP postdocs
will be hosting next year. I believe that the format that we used last
year worked fairly well and I suggest that we use it again. People
submitted names of speakers and links to their website and everyone
ranked them in order of preference. The "favorite" speaker is then
invited and if he/she cannot come, we go down the list until we have a
positive answer.

As a lot of you know, one of our last year speaker was forced to cancel
his visit. It was generally agreed that we would invite this speaker
next year. Which leaves us only one other speaker to invite.

The speaker in question is Larry Young from Emory University. Here is
his website for a refresher : http://www.yerkes.emory.edu/YOUNG/

So, I suggest that you send me names of potential speakers and why they
would be interesting for the NSP postdocs to invite. Please try to keep
in mind that it would be nice to have speakers that can reach a broad
audience of neuroscientist since the NSP program is made of several
departments.

I will give you until next monday, june 20 to give me the names. The
earlier we start, the better our chances of inviting who we want. I
will organize the list of speaker and forward it to you for your votes.

Of course, if anyone has ideas or suggestions on how to improve the
selection process, please express them!

Christian