[Neuropostdocs] Breakfast with Dr. Fetcho

Christian Beaulé cbeaule at mac.com
Fri Apr 1 14:48:24 CST 2005

Hi Everyone,

Next tuesday's seminar speaker is Dr. Joseph Fetcho. Breakfast at
Courier Café, Urbana, from 08:00-08:50. Let me know if you are planning
to attend.

Here is a description of Dr. Fetcho provided by his host Richard
Kollmar:

Our Neuroscience speaker on April 5th will be Dr. Joseph Fetcho.  Joe
just moved from the Department of Neuroscience and Behavior at SUNY
Stony Brook to its name sake at Cornell University.  Since the
mid-90's, he has pioneered the use of optical imaging techniques to
investigate motor control in the live zebrafish (e.g., Ritter et al.
2001.  In vivo imaging of zebrafish reveals differences in the spinal
networks for escape and swimming movements.  J Neurosci. 21:8956-65).
More recently, he has extended his studies towards spinal-cord
regeneration (Bhatt et al. 2004.Cyclic AMP-induced repair of zebrafish
spinal circuits. Science 305:254-8).  Joe is unique among zebrafish
researchers in that he realized and exploited the opportunities for
neurophysiological studies very early on.

Christian