[Neuropostdocs] Breakfasts are back!

Christian Beaulé cbeaule at mac.com
Thu Sep 9 19:46:19 CDT 2004

Hello everyone,

Here is a new activity to put on your busy calendar: breakfast with the
speaker of the week! Some of you remember last year when the NSP
postdocs went for breakfast with a few of the invited speakers. We can
make it a habit, as long as a few people are interested.

The first one is next tuesday, september 14th, from 08:00-09:15 at
Courier Café, in Urbana. The speaker is Dr. Johannes Schul, form the
University of Missouri. He will be talking about "Call Recognition in
Katydids and Treefrogs: Neuronal Mechanisms and Evolution".

I will need some active participation from you guys. If anyone is
interested in going for breakfast with the speaker, let me know! If no
one notifies me, I'll cancel. There is no option of just showing up
when you feel like it... I need commitment. I know that we are all busy
and that everyone's interest in the speakers will vary. I don't expect
the same people each time, in fact, I hope that we will have different
groups of postdocs for every speaker. And no, it's not because I'm the
coordinator if the association that I have to attend to all the
breakfasts!

I will be sending weekly reminders about breakfast with the speakers.
Again, if your are interested, let me know.

Thanks to all in advance for their participation!

Christian