[Neuropostdocs] NSP retreat-a head count!

Christian Beaulé cbeaule at mac.com
Fri Sep 3 09:23:35 CDT 2004

Good morning fellow postdocs.

This is a reminder that the NSP retreat will be held this september
25th. I hope that everyone has started thinking about their little
slide presentation!

As I mentioned before, we will do a very short datablitz where everyone
of us will present one powerpoint slide with some data, in one minute.
The main reasons for this format are that, 1- the retreat is a fun
event, and a datablitz IS fun and 2- we don't want to have longer talks
because, irrespective of how awesome we all are, if it takes too long,
the crowd will loose interest, and we missed our opportunity. Remember
that this is an informal, social event, with a BBQ and alcoholic
drinks.

On the e-mail list, we're 23. A few of you have replied to me to let me
know that you will not be available for the retreat because you're not
physically at UIUC. For all the others, I need confirmation of your
participation. And please, no cheap excuses for not attending.

Let me know who is in. I need to start organizing the datablitz and I
need to know how many we are.

Christian