[Neuropostdocs] Speakers-an update

Christian Beaulé cbeaule at mac.com
Tue Jul 20 09:14:41 CDT 2004

Good morning everyone,

You are probably wondering what's the status with our invited speakers?

Well, so far, nothing has really happened. As I mentioned earlier, our
#1 speaker, Phil Haydon is on vacation until the 23rd of this month. He
replied to my e-mail and said that he was interested and excited with
the opportunity of coming here and give a talk. However, he doesn't
have access to his schedule and will let us know as soon as he comes
back.

I e-mailed the #2 (L. Young), #3 (S. Strittmatter) and #4 (J.
Hildebrand). None of them can make it for the fall due to various
commitments (away from country, overbooked, and teaching schedule,
respectively). The good news is that, at least for Young and
Hildebrand, they manifested great interest in coming in the
winter/spring.

I talked to Sam about the possibility of having both our invited
speakers coming in the winter/spring semester and he is OK with that.
There is still the possibility that Phil Haydon will be available this
fall. That would be perfect. Otherwise, we will be able to have both
Haydon and Young in the winter/spring.

I will keep you posted,

Christian

Christian Beaulé, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Cell and Structural Biology
B107 Chemical and Life Sciences Laboratory
601 South Goodwin Avenue
Urbana, IL, 61801. USA
Work Phone: (217) 244-1842
Work Fax: (217) 333-4651