[Neuropostdocs] great opportunity-time sensitive!

Gene Robinson generobi@life.uiuc.edu
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:26:38 -0600

--=====================_-730472043==_.ALT

Dear Students and Postdocs:

The Center for Advanced Study has kindly offered NSP a special opportunity:
a student and postdoc luncheon with Dr. Sydney Brenner on Monday, 1
April.  Dr. Brenner, who will deliver a CAS lecture that evening, is of
course widely known as a towering figure in molecular biology, and in
addition as the person who first picked the then-obscure C. elegans as a
genetic model in large part because of what it could offer to the fields of
neuroscience and development.  The rest is history, along with the other
landmark events in Dr. Brenner's career.

Space is limited to 20, so please let me know as soon as possible if you
wish to lunch with Dr. Brenner.  The luncheon will be on Monday, 1 April,
at noon.  First 20 responses are in.  To expedite my cut&paste assembly of
the guest list for CAS, please have one line of your email response include
both your name and email address.

Gene

Gene E. Robinson
Professor, Department of Entomology