[Neuropostdocs] Welcome from the NSP Diversity Committee

Pregent, Stephanie spregent at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 24 14:18:26 CDT 2021

Dear NSP students, faculty, and staff

The Neuroscience program (NSP) is excited to start the fall semester this week and welcome everyone back. We also wholeheartedly welcome the first year NSP graduate students as well as new faculty and staff members.

The NSP is committed to create a better, more just, and safe environment where race, religion, and country of origin do not dictate who we are.

Please check our NSP "Diversity" webpage. https://neuroscience.illinois.edu/academics/diversity.

This webpage includes the NSP mission statement from Dr. Martha Gillette (Director, NSP) against a rise in racism, xenophobia, and prejudice. It also contains links to many important helpful resources on the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).

Importantly, the NSP has an active Diversity committee consisting of NSP faculty, students, and staff. The committee includes:

            Dr. Hee Jung Chung, Chair (NSP Faculty, Molecular and Integrative Physiology)

            Dr. Taher Saif (NSP Faculty, Mechanical Science and Engineering)

            Dr. Stephanie Ceman (NSP Faculty, Cell and Developmental Biology)

            Dr. Janice Juraska (NSP Faculty, Psychology)

            Dr. Sanmi Koyejo (NSP Faculty, Computer Science)

            Dr. Michelle Tomaszycki (NSP coordinator)

            Ms. Stephanie Pregent (NSP Executive Function Manager)

            Stephanie Soriano (NSP Grad)

            Mickael Key (NSP Grad)

The committee meets regularly to discuss and execute the ways we can further promote the DEI in our NSP community. If you have any questions or suggestions on DEI, please do not hesitate to contact the NSP Diversity Committee.

Best regards,

Hee Jung Chung

Chair, Neuroscience Program Diversity Committee

STEPHANIE ANN PREGENT
Executive Function Manager | Business Administrative Associate

Neuroscience Program
405 N. Mathews | M/C 251
Urbana, IL 61801
217.244.9838 |217.300.7978 |217.766.4780 | spregent at illinois.edu<mailto:spregent at illinois.edu>
neuroscience.illinois.edu<http://neuroscience.illinois.edu/>

[facebook]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facebook.com/NeuroscienceP__;!!DZ3fjg!uBCvRXqTrYjesdhuoW_nzyyVJ0ec86My2VGRJoFto-zkf2aFl5s4Dd2GwYCpv4rekaiccDeykg0$ >    [twitter] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/NeuroscienceP__;!!DZ3fjg!uBCvRXqTrYjesdhuoW_nzyyVJ0ec86My2VGRJoFto-zkf2aFl5s4Dd2GwYCpv4rekaicTMfZ0KI$ >

[cid:image005.png at 01D798F2.E2B158E0]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.