[Neuropostdocs] FW: Travel Award Competition - Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health

Pregent, Stephanie Ann spregent at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 5 11:58:15 CST 2020

From: HealthEmotions Research Institute <healthemotions at wisc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:08 PM
Subject: Travel Award Competition - Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health

Greetings from the University of Wisconsin-Madison! We are writing to kindly ask for your help spreading the word about an opportunity for scholars at your university to apply for a travel grant to attend the 26th annual Wisconsin Symposium on Emotion: Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health<https://healthemotions.org/>, held April 16-17, 2020 in Madison, WI.

Could you please forward this message to academic programs, departments, students, faculty, labs, and researchers who may be interested? Particularly scholars training in Neuroscience, Psychology, Psychiatry, and those investigating the biological mechanisms underlying mental health.

Deadline:
Travel Award Applications are being accepted now through March 1, 2020.

Eligibility:
Undergraduates, graduates, doctorates, post-doctorates, fellows, medical students, and residents are eligible to apply for a travel award.

Award:
$300 plus 2 nights gratis hotel accommodations will be awarded to up to 25 students to attend the Wisconsin Symposium on Emotion and present a poster during the poster session.

Apply: www.healthemotions.org<http://www.healthemotions.org>

About:
The Wisconsin Symposium on Emotion<https://healthemotions.org/> is an annual conference exploring the frontiers of affective neuroscience. Founded and hosted by University of Wisconsin scientists, Drs Ned Kalin and Richie Davidson, the symposium is a long standing tradition that supports communication across disciplines to further cultivate our collective understanding of the relationship between mind, body, emotions, and health. Each year participants report that this meeting, where experienced scientists make a special effort to reach out to trainees, helps forge enduring collegial relationships. This year we welcome an outstanding lineup of speakers: TRACY BALE, PHD<https://healthemotions.org/staff/bale-phd-tracy/>, GUOPING FENG, PHD<https://healthemotions.org/staff/feng-guoping/>, JOSHUA GORDON, MD, PHD<https://healthemotions.org/staff/gordon-md-phd-joshua/>, THOMAS KASH, PHD<https://healthemotions.org/staff/kash-phd-thomas/>, and DAVID LEWIS, MD<https://healthemotions.org/staff/lewis-md-david/>.

For more information, please contact us at healthemotions at wisc.edu<mailto:healthemotions at wisc.edu> or visit the symposium website: www.healthemotions.org<http://www.healthemotions.org>

We really appreciate you taking the time to help inform trainees at your institute about this excellent opportunity!

Sincerely,

RICHARD J. DAVIDSON, PHD

Vilas Professor Psychology and Psychiatry
Director, Center for Healthy Minds
University of Wisconsin-Madison

NED H. KALIN, MD

Hedberg Professor Chair,
Department of Psychiatry
Director, HealthEmotions Research Institute
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Editor-in-Chief, American Journal of Psychiatry