[Neuropostdocs] 2019 SfN Preview-Poster Night and Reception - RSVP & Sign Up

Pregent, Stephanie Ann spregent at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 24 12:07:50 CDT 2019

Dear Members and Friends of the Neuroscience Program,

**DEADLINE EXTENSION 1 WEEK - To present a poster submit your title and abstract by SEPTEMBER 30TH!

We cordially invite you to the 2019 SfN Preview-Poster Night and Reception to be held on Tuesday, October 8th, 2019 from 4:00 to 6:30 PM, beginning with three 10 minute talks in Beckman 1005 and continuing with Poster Presentations in the Beckman Atrium. Come join us for an evening of fun and fellowship as we learn more about each other's research and provide helpful feedback for those presenting at the upcoming Society for Neuroscience Meeting in Chicago IL.

To make this evening a success, we would appreciate your attention on a few important matters:

  1.  Submissions: If you are an NSP student planning to present a poster at SfN, you are expected to present a poster at SfN Night.
If you are not an NSP student presenting at SfN, but would like to share your research with the community, we welcome your poster submission as well.
Please submit your abstract information via this link <https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/7695430> before Monday, September 23.

  1.  Talks: When you submit your abstract, be sure to check the box indicating whether you would like to be considered for a 10 minute talk. Information on each submission will be provided to the Neuroscience community to vote on which talks they would like to see. The top three submissions with the most votes will be selected to give a talk before the poster session. How fun!

  1.  Poster Printing: The Neuroscience Program will print posters for NSP students as a pre-poster (color, 24" by 30") for display during SfN Night. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please also submit the poster as a pdf file to sfnnight2019 at gmail.com<mailto:sfnnight2019 at gmail.com> no later than October 4th. After you present your poster, please hold onto it to present at the Neuroscience Open House as well.

We are very excited for this event, and welcome your participation to ensure its success! Please come support your fellow students as they present their research to you. Due to popular demand, we'll also be having the people's choice awards again for both Most Polished Poster and Most Ready to Present. The important dates are listed below:

-       Monday September 23: All abstract/poster title submissions are due - DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH!!
-       Wednesday September 25: Online voting for talks opens
-       Wednesday October 2: Online voting closes
-       Friday, October 4:  Posters for printing must have been submitted
-       Tuesday October 8: SfN Night (4:00 to 6:30 PM)

RSVPs<https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/7695430> are required so that we know how much food to order.

Thank you so much for your participation. Please email sfnnight2019 at gmail.com<mailto:sfnnight2019 at gmail.com> if you have any questions.

Robbie Ingram, Katiria Soto-Diaz, Sangyun Joung
SfN Night Committee

Please share this email with those in your lab and those who would benefit/enjoy participating in the evening events.

STEPHANIE ANN PREGENT
Executive Function Manager | Business Administrative Associate

Neuroscience Program
405 N. Mathews | M/C 251
Urbana, IL 61801
217.244.9838 | other: 217.300.7978 | spregent at illinois.edu<mailto:spregent at illinois.edu>
neuroscience.illinois.edu<http://neuroscience.illinois.edu/>

[4D94B84B]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.