[Neuropostdocs] Immediate summer Neuroscience instructor opening

Pregent, Stephanie Ann spregent at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 12 09:21:47 CDT 2019

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D52081.09F7EA50]
Summer 2019 Employment Opportunities
Neuroscience Instructor

We are currently seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates to work in our summer programs. You can apply to work for us through this link.<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.jhu.edu_job_Baltimore-2D2019-2DCTY-2DSummer-2DPrograms-2DNew-2DApplication-2DMD-2D21209_519183000_&d=DwMFaQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=wokhfBgRZ3761w2F039_tI4jbjXm1bC_jZe4AWrEC-c&m=f4NrXWssdmeFm2CWM43vGAfRTOpX0yUcZwtNjHl8hNM&s=L2hUrOwMPHnwv6JK4tlvvLoOORZlop2PuzKjpTMKYZI&e=>

We are seeking individuals for the following course:

·         Neuroscience<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cty.jhu.edu_summer_grades7-2D12_intensive_catalog_science.html-23neur&d=DwMFaQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=wokhfBgRZ3761w2F039_tI4jbjXm1bC_jZe4AWrEC-c&m=f4NrXWssdmeFm2CWM43vGAfRTOpX0yUcZwtNjHl8hNM&s=QeDQBL697u4Sq1KWFU_1pveIGRQ6KP4CwOv69iMexTs&e=> (grades 7-10)

In this course, students investigate the development, evolution, and structure of the brain and nervous system. They approach neuroanatomy from the gross and microscopic levels and learn how neurons communicate with each other biochemically. They explore the functional integration of areas of the brain and neuroplasticity, neuropharmacology, diseases and disorders of the nervous system, and the nature of consciousness. Students also examine the neuronal basis of perception, learning and memory, sleep and dreaming, and language acquisition and use. In addition to lecture and discussion sessions, students participate in dissection, model building, and laboratory activities that use principles from various scientific disciplines.

Why teach for CTY?

  *   opportunity to teach motivated and talented students a subject they love
  *   limited class size (maximum of 18 students) ensures a low student-teacher ratio
  *   all classes are taught by both an instructor and a teaching assistant
  *   opportunity to work in an environment with colleagues who share similar interests
  *   competitive salary plus room and board at our east and west coast residential sites

2019 Program Dates

  *   Session 1: June 20 - July 13, 2019
  *   Session 2: July 13 - August 3, 2019

2019 Program Location

·         Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA

Terms of Employment

  *   Starting salary for one three-week session is $2,400 - $3,000 for instructors.
  *   Room and board are provided.

Desired Qualifications

·         Instructor candidates generally have lead independent classroom teaching experience and are graduate students, teachers, or faculty.

More Information

  *   Summer employment with CTY: www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cty.jhu.edu_jobs_summer&d=DwMFaQ&c=OCIEmEwdEq_aNlsP4fF3gFqSN-E3mlr2t9JcDdfOZag&r=wokhfBgRZ3761w2F039_tI4jbjXm1bC_jZe4AWrEC-c&m=f4NrXWssdmeFm2CWM43vGAfRTOpX0yUcZwtNjHl8hNM&s=Nff0DfmRuSmpusuJPiR7uX3mSgz3Oyq8SmCvHXyxoVE&e=>
  *   Questions? Please feel free to contact us via email at ctysummer at jhu.edu<mailto:ctysummer at jhu.edu?subject=Instructional%20Staff%20Employment%20Inquiry> or by calling 410-735-6185.

Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.

STEPHANIE ANN PREGENT
Executive Function Manager | Business Administrative Associate

Neuroscience Program
405 N. Mathews | M/C 251
Urbana, IL 61801
217.244.9838 | other: 217.300.7978 | spregent at illinois.edu<mailto:spregent at illinois.edu>
neuroscience.illinois.edu<http://neuroscience.illinois.edu/>

[4D94B84B]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.