[Neuropostdocs] Coffee Talk & Lunch with Richard Harris

Pregent, Stephanie Ann spregent at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 13 19:07:26 CDT 2017

Dear NSP Community,

You are cordially invited to attend one of two upcoming events on Friday, October 20, 2017:

10:30 AM - COFFEE TALK
We are creating a coffee house environment to come and chat with Richard Harris, award winning journalist who has been reporting for NPR since 1986.  Harris has traveled the world and reported on many scientific themes such as climate change, biomedical research, the SARS epidemic, and nuclear aftermath.  Come ask about his thoughts on what impact he has on the public reporting scientific events in comparison to scientists reporting results and findings.  Ask about how he got involved in becoming a science journalist after graduating with a biology major.  Or ask about the competition between performing good science and producing results.  Bring your questions and we will bring the coffee.  Discussion is open but RSVP requested by Wednesday, October 18.

12:00 PM - LUNCH
Lunch will be provided for a smaller group to have a discussion on topics of their choosing.  Seating is limited and RSVP is required by Wednesday, October 18th.  You will be emailed a confirmation as space is limited.

For more information:  http://richardharriswrites.com/; http://www.npr.org/people/2100631/richard-harris

Stephanie Pregent
Business Administrative Associate
Neuroscience Program | Beckman Institute
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Office:  217-244-9838 | Cell:  217-766-4780 | Fax: 217-333-2922

Research Support
IKIDS Research | Beckman Institute
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign