[Neuropostdocs] Fwd: Assistant Professor Human Neuroscience

Samuel Beshers beshers at life.illinois.edu
Mon Sep 28 13:58:59 CDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Assistant Professor Human Neuroscience
Date: 	Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:58:00 +0000
From: 	James Michael Lampinen <lampinen at uark.edu>
To: 	James Michael Lampinen <lampinen at uark.edu>

Dear Colleague:

Hopefully this message finds you doing well. I am writing to draw your
attention to a tenure-track assistant professor position in Human
Neuroscience available in the Department of Psychological Science at the
University of Arkansas. I am sending this notification to you as you may
be aware of interested and eligible candidates for this position. I have
attached the advertisement, which includes details regarding the
position. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. I
appreciate your time and any help you may be able to provide in
disseminating this advertisement.

Thank you very much,

James Michael Lampinen, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Chair
Department of Psychological Science
216 MEMH
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville AR, 72701
Phone: (479)575-5805
Fax: (479)575-3219
http://amazon.com/author/jameslampinen
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__amazon.com_author_jameslampinen&d=AwMF-g&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=GH_FSToEYTYgeOuF5IiL3YnL1FmJIyDgOETLz2xHpDo&m=XAtXyxAmxK2uIAZ_D2jlfjzJhXrDvFrhvkbRxyQr2ZQ&s=88M0pVevRDFQLAJ-M4c64vuyWb6tR15vogiNgw363RQ&e=>

The Department of Psychological Science at the *University of Arkansas *
invites applications for a tenure-track appointment at the rank of
Assistant Professor in*human neuroscience*. The appointment begins
August 2016. We seek candidates whose research and teaching interests
focus on cognitive, clinical, developmental, or social neuroscience.
Preference will be given to candidates who employ one or more of the
following approaches: EEG/ERP, NIRS, TMS, tDCS/tACS, or computational
modeling and whose research compliments existing strengths in the
department.
Successful applicants must have (1) a PhD in Psychology by the date of
appointment; (2) an outstanding record of research achievement in human
neuroscience; (3) evidence of, or demonstrated potential for, external
funding; (4) the ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in
neuroscience, as well as other courses as needed by the department; and
(5) demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and collegiality. For
candidates with a PhD in the clinical area, graduation from an
APA-accredited doctoral program, the completion of an APA- accredited
doctoral internship, and the ability to become licensed in the state of
Arkansas are also required. A competitive startup package is available.

  Review of applications will begin *November 1st, 2015*. Full
consideration will be given to applications received by that date.
Applicants should submit (a) a cover letter (b) a CV, (c) representative
publication reprints (submit in one .pdf in “Other Document”), (d)
statement of research plans (submit in “Statement of Research
Philosophy”), (e) statement of teaching interests (submit in “Statement
of Teaching Philosophy”), and (f) the names, title, and contact
information for three references. For the complete announcement and to
apply, visit the job posting at http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/8813.
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__jobs.uark.edu_postings_8813&d=AwMF-g&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=GH_FSToEYTYgeOuF5IiL3YnL1FmJIyDgOETLz2xHpDo&m=XAtXyxAmxK2uIAZ_D2jlfjzJhXrDvFrhvkbRxyQr2ZQ&s=mkSRhgJg36NKmSvazgoli5VWOUaE3YY6A_jF58vemX4&e=>
Questions regarding this position may be sent to lampinen at uark.edu.
<mailto:lampinen at uark.edu> Visit our website, http://psyc.uark.edu
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__psyc.uark.edu_&d=AwMF-g&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=GH_FSToEYTYgeOuF5IiL3YnL1FmJIyDgOETLz2xHpDo&m=XAtXyxAmxK2uIAZ_D2jlfjzJhXrDvFrhvkbRxyQr2ZQ&s=UWD2Lf2bJNHK2MseX2zoYyLqzI1GTA06uzKEqcDEULI&e=>,
for more information about the department.

This position is subject to a pre-employment background and sex offender
registry check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication
alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship
to the requirements of the position. Background check information will
be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with
state and federal law.

  The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity institution
committed to achieving diversity in its faculty. Therefore, the
university is especially interested in applications from qualified
candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our academic
departments. The university welcomes applications without regard to age,
race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability,
religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military
service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. All
applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas
Freedom of Information Act and persons must have proof of legal
authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment.