[Neuropostdocs] Meeting with Dr. Sean Smith

Daniel Llano d-llano at life.illinois.edu
Fri Apr 12 16:22:25 CDT 2013

Dear NSP postdocs,

Dr. Sean Smith, from Merck, will be here next Thursday to give the Molecular
and Integrative Physiology seminar (see announcement below).  He's expressed
an interest in meeting with grad students and post-docs to answer their
questions about a career in the drug industry.   If you are interested in
meeting with him, let me know.  Depending on the level of interest, we will
probably arrange for a group meeting with NSP students and postdocs, or a
separate meeting with postdocs, sometime on that Thursday afternoon.

Best, Dan

Dear Colleagues,

Dr. Sean Smith, from Merck Laboratories, will be giving the Molecular and
Integrative Physiology Seminar on April 18 at noon in B102 CLSL.  The talk
is entitled "Discovery and Development of PDE10A Inhibitors for the
Treatment of Schizophrenia."

Dr. Smith obtained his PhD in Neuroscience from UIUC with Dr. Victor Ramirez
and did postdoctoral work at the Salk Institute with Dr. Wylie Vale.  He is
currently Director of Pharmacology at Merck, where he has led multiple
studies investigating animal models of neurologic and psychiatric disease.

Daniel A. Llano M.D., Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Beckman Institute and Neuroscience
Program

 <mailto:d-llano at illinois.edu> d-llano at illinois.edu

Office: (217) 244-0740

Lab: (217) 244-0755