[Neuropostdocs] FW: The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine is looking for Writers and Reviewers

Pace, Hannah Renee pace at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 19 12:32:18 CDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: jz47 at pantheon.yale.edu [mailto:jz47 at pantheon.yale.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:15 PM
To: Pace, Hannah Renee
Subject: The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine is looking for Writers and Reviewers

Dear Ms. Pace,

We are contacting you on behalf of the Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine (YJBM). We are currently soliciting for articles for our December 2012 Issue that focuses Neuroscience. The Journal strives to be a forum for young scientists to publish original contributions and review articles in their area of expertise. Additionally, we aim to provide young scientists with invaluable experience in the world of scientific writing and
publishing.

YJBM is an open-access, peer-reviewed scientific journal indexed on PubMed.
We do not charge any publication fees. We publish many types of articles
including: original research articles, scientific reviews, articles on medical history, personal perspectives on medicine, policy analyses, case reports, and symposia related to biomedical matters. Notable past contributors include Harvey Cushing, Albert Sabin, Dorothy Horstmann,
Edward Kennedy, Jack Strominger, and Rene Dubos.

The Journal was founded on the philosophy that it would serve as a learning tool for students to learn the ins-and-outs of scientific writing and to experience the process of publishing an article before students left school and joined the world of academia as mature scientists and medical researchers. We are still working by this philosophy and we are currently soliciting articles written by students. We hope by collaborating with you we could offer more students the opportunity to learn how to improve their writing skills such that they could publish their work on PubMed.

You can learn more about us by visiting our website at www.yale.edu/yjbm.
Kindly distribute this invitation to students and postdoctoral fellows to
write articles for our December 2012 Issue focusing on Neuroscience.

Sincerely,

Tasleem Samji & Matt Webb
Editors-in-Chief YJBM (2012-2013)

---------------------------

Read. Review. Write. Be a part of the Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine
(YJBM).

YJBM is an open access Journal indexed on PubMed that is published quarterly. We do not charge publication fees. Visit our website
(www.yale.edu/yjbm) to learn more about us.

The focus topic for our December 2012 Issue is on Neuroscience. Manuscripts
are due by July 15th 2012. Suggestions for articles are:

1.	Sensory Neurobiology
2.	Computational Neuroscience
3.	Development, Plasticity, and Repair
4.	Neurobiology of Disease
5.	Glia
6.	Neurovascular unit

Please note that the above topics are only suggestions and we welcome articles on other topics. We also accept the following types of articles:
case reports, original research, reviews, educational scholarship articles, perspectives, analyses, symposia pieces, book reviews, profiles and
interviews.

Upcoming Focus Topics are: Nursing (March 2013), Psychology & Psychiatry (June 2013), Clinical Trials, Ethics and the Law (September 2013) and
Chemical Biology (December 2013).

Please contact us at yjbm at yale.edu if you would like to discuss ideas for articles or are more interested in writing book reviews or reporting on
various medical and scientific symposia occurring at your University.

YJBM also encourages young professionals to become Reviewers for us. Please contact us if you are interested in this. Please visit our website to learn more of what we expect of our Reviewers
(http://medicine.yale.edu/yjbm/reviewers/index.aspx).

Read. Review. Write. Be a part of YJBM. Contact us at yjbm at yale.edu if you
want to get involved.