[Neuropostdocs] Fwd: position available in Roper lab, University of Miami

Samuel Beshers beshers at life.illinois.edu
Tue Aug 2 17:54:24 CDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	position available in Roper lab
Date: 	Tue, 2 Aug 2011 18:14:43 -0400
From: 	Stephen Roper <sroper at med.miami.edu>
To: 	<beshers at life.illinois.edu>

Dear Dr. Beshers,

I want to alert you to the following position that has become open in my
laboratory in the event that you have any trainees in your Neuroscience
Program who might be interested.  I am hoping to fill this opening in 6
to12 months, though earlier might be possible.  Would you be kind enough
to forward this note to any such individuals:

    Emacs!
    (image of isolated taste bud immunostained for gustducin)

    Postdoctoral training position available for research in the
    *cellular and molecular biology of sensory receptor cells*.
    Candidates should have prior experience in functional imaging at the
    cellular level (e.g., Fura2 imaging) or electrophysiological
    recording, and publications/presentations vouching for this
    experience.  The project will involve sophisticated new imaging
    methodologies that combine confocal Ca imaging with
    electrophysiology to study fundamental mechanisms in
    chemoreception.  Please contact Dr. Stephen Roper, Professor of
    Physiology & Biophysics, *sroper at med.miami.edu***for further details.

Thanks!

Steve Roper

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stephen D. Roper, Ph.D.
Professor of Physiology and Biophysics
Miller School of Medicine
University of Miami