[Neuropostdocs] Community Outreach Opportunities

Lori Newman lanewman at cyrus.psych.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:16:11 CDT 2010

Dear Fellow Postdocs,

Some people have expressed interest in finding a way to do some community
outreach to local primary schools.  There is currently an organization
called Project Neuron that has already developed ties with the schools and
would be very eager to find a place for us to help.  I sat down and talked
with Donna Korol, who works with Project Neuron, and it turns out there are
a couple of different directions we can take.  So I thought it would be good
if we got together as a group to discuss these options.  If you are
interested in working with some local students to help them learn about
neuroscience please join me for an organizational meeting tomorrow night
(Thursday) at 6 pm at Espresso Royale on Goodwin.  If you can't make
tomorrow night and are still interested just let me know and we will make
sure to keep you in the loop.

Hope to see you there,

Lori

Lori Newman, Ph.D.