[Neuropostdocs] Jeff Hawkins visit

Samuel Beshers beshers at life.illinois.edu
Mon Nov 1 14:34:04 CDT 2010

Hi all,
Jeff Hawkins is visiting and giving a talk on November 12.  He's an
interesting guy:  started
grad school to learn how brains work, got frustrated, invented the Palm
Pilot (20 years ahead
of the I-phone) and made a billion dollars.  He's written a book called
On Intelligence which
I recommend and he's still supporting research and working on how brains
work.

As you can see below, there's room for 2 of you to join a breakfast
meeting.  Please let
me know if you're REALLY interested.

Sam

--