[Neuropostdocs] Concanavalin A and cytochalasin-D around?

Ernest Blackwell eblack1 at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 29 19:07:46 CDT 2010

Hi Guys! I'm trying to see if I can get one of our lab cell lines to
generate neuronal-like projections to do some test experiments
without having to dissect animals constantly. There's a Greenough
paper from 2004 using conA and cytochalasin-D to get S2 cells to form
projections, so I was wondering if anyone had either or both reagents
around (or any leads on a lab that might) so that I can give this a
test run before buying both reagents. Nothing worse then buying a
bunch of stuff that won't work ;-)

Thanks everyone!

-Tory