[Neuropostdocs] Undergraduate Neuroscience Society: Call for Talks

Claire Scavuzzo cscavuz2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 09:30:31 CST 2010

HI Everyone,
As some of you may know we have recently revived the "Neuroscience
Undergrad Society".  As of right now we have at least 20 actively
participating members and we seem to be picking up more numbers every
meeting.  Now that the club has regained some momentum they are trying
to formulate an agenda for next semester. Our goal is to maintain a
solid focus in neuro-related research, particularly what is going on
here at the U of I.  Many of the members are still in their first 2
years of undergrad and have yet to join a lab, I think they are using
this club as a means to get their feet wet and hopefully branch onto
labs of their interest in the next coming months.  ALL of the members
have expressed interest in meeting anyone (graduate students, post
docs and especially faculty) involved in the NSP.
This is my plea to you to please, if you are willing, to meet with the
group to give a talk and/or discuss anything: your research- past
present and future, your career- past, present and future, what you
think makes a successful researcher, ethics, lead a journal club...
your options are endless really all they want is to meet you and know
more about what you do with and/or think about neuroscience.  The club
meets on Thursday evenings at 5-6PM in CLSL. If you could volunteer
just an hour of your time next semester, the club would be forever
grateful. I also think that if we had consistent interaction with the
NSP the numbers in the club will grow immensely.
Please let me know if this is something you would be willing to do
once (or even multiple times) next semester.  And please let me know
if there is something particularly you would like to discuss with the
club.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Thanks so much for your time and attention,

Undergraduate Liason (Claire Scavuzzo) and the Undergraduate
Neuroscience Society