[Neuropostdocs] [Fwd: SfN Travel Awards--Deadline TODAY!]

Samuel Beshers beshers at life.uiuc.edu
Mon May 21 12:07:45 CDT 2007

Dear Neuroscience Students and Postdocs:

The Society for Neuroscience will again provide travel awards for the
two groups of you to this year's annual meeting in SanDiego (11/3-7).
Applying is pretty straightforward and succeeding would be quite
honorific, so I recommend that you give it a try!

The necessary steps and required materials are outlined on these web pages:

Graduate Students: http://sfn.org/index.cfm?pagename=TravelAwards_gradtravel

Postdocs: http://sfn.org/index.cfm?pagename=TravelAwards_postdoctravel

Please note that
i) nominees must be first authors on an abstract to be presented, ii)
either the nominee or the advisor must be a member of the Society,
iii) grad students must be Ph.D. candidates, i.e. have passed their
qualifying exam,
iv) only one applicant from a given laboratory may be considered by a
chapter in any given year, v) the nominee's laboratory should not have
been the recipient of a Travel Award the previous year, and
vi) each SfN chapter can nominate only one student and one postdoc.

To give our Central Illinois Chapter enough time to select its two
nominees, e-mail your application (SfN form from website above, SfN
abstract, and ONE-PAGE CV; ONE-PAGE Letter of Recommendation mailed
separately by advisor) to Sam Beshers or me no later than Monday, May 21st.

Cheers,

Richard
--
Richard Kollmar, Ph.D.