[Neuropostdocs] Fwd: SfN Meeting Travel Awards for Grad Students and Postdocs

Sam Beshers beshers at life.uiuc.edu
Wed May 17 12:32:08 CDT 2006

Dear Students and Postdocs,

The deadline for applying for SfN travel awards has been extended to this
Friday, May 19,
at 5:00 PM.  Everyone who is eligible is encouraged to apply for these
awards; looks great
on your CV and the money does not hurt.

For students, you are considered to have "advanced to candidacy" if you
plan to finish your
Qualifying Exam by the time of the SfN meeting in October.

Please send your applications to Richard Kollmar, and let Richard or myself
know if you have
questions.

>============
>Dear Neuroscience Students and Postdocs:
>
>The Society for Neuroscience will again provide travel awards for the
>two groups of you to this year's annual meeting in Atlanta (10/15-18).
>Applying is pretty straightforward and succeeding would be quite
>honorific, so I recommend that you give it a try!
>
>The necessary steps are outlined in these forms:
>

>Please note that i) each SfN chapter can nominate only one student and
>one postdoc, ii) only one applicant from a given laboratory may be
>considered by a chapter in any given year, and iii) the laboratory from
>which the nominee is chosen should not have been the recipient of a
>Travel Award the previous year.
>
>To give our Central Illinois Chapter enough time to select its two
>nominees, submit a hardcopy of your application (SfN form above, SfN
>abstract, Letter of Recommendation, and CV) to me no later than Monday,
>May 15th.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Richard
>-- Richard Kollmar, Ph.D.
>Representative, Central Illinois Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience
>Assistant Professor
>University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
>Dpt. of Molecular and Integrative Physiology
>427A Burrill Hall, MC 114
>407 S. Goodwin Ave.
>Urbana, IL 61801
>Tel. (217) 333-9861
>FAX (217) 333-1133
>============
>
>--
>Richard Kollmar, Ph.D.
>Assistant Professor
>University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
>Dpt. of Molecular and Integrative Physiology
>427A Burrill Hall, MC 114
>407 S. Goodwin Ave.
>Urbana, IL 61801
>Tel. (217) 333-9861