[Neuropostdocs] SROP reception tomorrow evening, 6 - 8 PM

Samuel Beshers beshers at life.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 21 14:28:24 CDT 2006

Dear NSP postdocs,

Please excuse the lateness of this email; it is my oversight.

NSP is organizing a dessert reception tomorrow for visiting SROP students
(minority students
doing summer research at Big 10 campuses), 6:00 - 8:00 PM in the Beckman
Atrium.
I'm writing to invite your participation if you're interested.  NSP is well
represented at present,
so this is an invitation and not a plea.

There is an SROP conference on campus today and tomorrow.  There are over
300 students
with majors in the life sciences, psychology, and related areas that are
potential recruits for
our graduate programs.  This reception features 11 depts and programs and
is a chance for
us to welcome these students, and to talk informally with them about life
as a graduate
student and in research careers.

NSP is one of the campus leaders in fostering diversity and recruiting
students from
underrepresented minority groups, and we are very proud to be organizing
this reception.

If any of you are interested in attending, please let me know.  You can
also just show up,
but you'll have a name tag if you let me know in advance.
You should arrive at 5:30 in the Beckman to get a name tag and hear a short
orientation spiel,
and then we'll greet the students and chat with them.

It should be a fun time, and I expect the two hours to fly by.

Sam

Samuel Beshers, Ph.D.
Program Coordinator, Neuroscience and
Research Associate, Dept of Entomology