[Neuropostdocs] breakfast with Leah Krubitzer on March 10

Julie Markham jmarkham at s.psych.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 21 10:39:32 CST 2006

Hi everybody,

The trainees on the Sensory and Developmental Neuroscience Training
Grants will be hosting Dr. Leah Krubitzer of UC-Davis  as our  invited
seminar speaker this semester. She will be giving a lecture in the ASDN
seminar on Friday March 10 from 1-2p.m. in the tower room on the 2nd
floor of Beckman. All NSP postdocs are are of course welcome to attend
the seminar (free lunch  included!). Christian has also helped me to
arrange for the NSP postdoc association to take Dr. Krubitzer to
breakfast at the Courier on Friday March 10, as we have been doing with
the NSP seminar speakers. I hope as many of you as possible can join
us. Below is a link to her lab website and a synopsis of her research
interests. Please let me know if you will be joining us for breakfast.

Julie

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/labs/krubitzer/

Description of research:
"Our laboratory is currently involved in two major areas of research.
The first area includes studies on the evolution of complex nervous
systems and the genetic and activity dependent mechanisms that
contribute to phenotypic variability during development.  The second
area includes studies in human and non-human primates of neocortical
areas involved in manual dexterity, bilateral coordination of the
hands, proprioception, and the generation of body centered coordinates
for goal directed reaching."

--
Julie Markham, PhD
Beckman Institute