[Neuropostdocs] new students from Univ. New Orleans

Gene Robinson generobi at life.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 14 13:57:58 CDT 2005

NSP has accepted two students from the University of New Orleans so they
can continue with their graduate studies and research in the wake of the
closure of their institution and destruction of the laboratories they work
in.  Johannes Bohacek and Luis Aguerrevere work in the laboratory of Prof.
Jill Daniels, a close colleague of Donna Korol.  Johannes and Luis will be
working in Donna's lab.

Sam has worked quickly with the Graduate College and campus housing to get
them admitted (actually almost, but soon) and organized.

Please join me in welcoming them.  We will do everything we can to make
sure their time here is productive and educational.

Gene

Gene E. Robinson
G. William Arends Professor of Integrative Biology
Director, Neuroscience Program
Chair, Genomics of Neural and Behavioral Plasticity Theme,
Institute for Genomic Biology
Department of Entomology
University of Illinois
505 S. Goodwin Ave., Urbana, IL  61801