[Neuropostdocs] RE: Travel Fellowships

Christian Beaulé cbeaule at mac.com
Wed Mar 16 14:02:32 CST 2005

I will look into ways to get both external and internal sources of
funding. I will also look at other postdoc associations and see what
they are doing regarding travel fellowships. The SFN Chapter
postdoctoral travel awards are not exactly what I had in mind. It is a
very competitive travel award. Each of the 111 SFN local chapters is
allowed to nominate only 1 postdoc for the travel award. Out of those
potential 111 candidates, the SFN awarded 8 fellowships in 2003 (data
for 2004 not on website). There are more chances of getting an NRSA
than an SFN travel award...

I would greatly appreciate help and guidance once potential funding
avenues are identified.

Christian