[Neuropostdocs] Welcome to the NSPPA

Christian Beaulé cbeaule at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 18:14:16 CDT 2005

Good day everyone!

It is now official, the Neuroscience Program Postdoctoral Association
(NSPPA) is a reality. Adrienne (treasurer) and I (president) went
through the last administrative formalities this morning.

What does that means?

1- we are an officially recognized group within the university
community.
2- we can apply for "student organization resource fund (SORF)" if we
want to get money for the events that we are organizing.
3- we can use university property for activities, fundraisers, or
events for free.
4- we have access to a variety of material resources through the Illini
Union.
5- we have access to free webspace if we want to build our own website.
6- we have a bank account at the Henry Administration building (BUT
absolutely no money in it!).

All postdocs in the neuroscience program are automatically a part of
it. There will be NO membership dues. And we absolutely CANNOT use the
funds that we raise and that are in the NSPPA bank account to buy
alcohol.

The good news is that there is a possibility that the NSPPA will get
travel fellowships through SORF for the neuroscience meeting next fall.
It is a possibility, not a certainty so don't book that first class
flight right now!

We will meet soon to figure ways to get that bank account overflowing
with cash. All the money that we raise will be for the benefit of the
NSPPA.

Christian