[Neuropostdocs] NSP Retreat - update

Lilia Zurkovsky zurkovsk at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 19 04:24:10 CDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Tuesday's meeting was great, with lots of fun ideas floating
around.  This email is going to summarize:
1- what we need from you (opinions and stuff)
2- tentative schedule
3- food/ drinks that'll be served (alcohol is allowed)

By the by, friends and family are all welcome and thanks for
your help.

Lily

YOUR STUFF

We need volunteers for:
- bbq'ing
- making & bringing sides & desserts (don't worry about
  making enough for everyone;  make as much/ little as you
  feel like making)
- cleaning up

Let me know if you have any of the following:
- balls: volleyball, basketball, soccerball, softball stuff
  (bats, gloves, balls)
- coolers (need lots)
- folding tables
- tools for bbq (spatula, etc)
- projector (for the post doc data blitz)

YOUR OPINIONS

Which sport would you most like to plan a game for:
volleyball
softball
soccer

Scroll down to the tentative schedule & let me know what you
think: additions, subtractions, general thoughts with no
concrete direction...

Scrool down to food & drinks.  Again, additions,
subtractions, general thoughts.

TENTATIVE SCHEUDLE

     1:00 start
     2:00 planned sports game
     3:00 post doc data blitz (1 min per person)
          also start bbq
     4:00 grad student poster blitz (back by popular demand)

FOOD/ DRINKS THAT'LL BE SERVED

     bbq meat: hamburgers, hot dogs, pork steaks
     bbq veggies: zucchini, squash, portebello burgers, corn
     sides: random salads and such
            WELCOMING CONTRIBUTIONS
     desserts: make-your-own-smoothies, cookies, brownies
              and such
              WELCOMING CONTRIBUTIONS
     drinks: soda/pop, water, beer
             WELCOMING CONTRIBUTIONS