[Neuropostdocs] club advising opportunity

Sam Beshers beshers@life.uiuc.edu
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:19:26 -0600

I will soon be meeting with a student who wishes to start an
undergraduate neuroscience club.  This could be a very valuable thing
for some undergrads on campus; it also might be a very satisfying but
not very time consuming activity for a postdoc (and I think would
look very nice on your CV: "founding advisor...").  If any of you are
interested in exploring the possibility of serving as advisor (for a
one year term?), please let me know.

I also wonder whether the postdocs as a group might like to host a
speaker for the '03-04 NSP seminar series?  I'd be happy to work with
you to make this happen.

Gene

Gene E. Robinson
Professor, Department of Entomology