[Neuropostdocs] NSP Open House suggestions

anastasio thomas j tja@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:58:59 -0600 (CST)

NSP Members -

Thank you for your feedback concerning NSP Open House, and for your many
excellent suggestions.  We will implement the following for NSP Open House
next year.

Tom Anastasio

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

To be implemented at NSP Open House next year:

1) Posters will be put up Friday morning and be available for viewing by
prospective students on Friday afternoon and evening, before the informal
Friday night party.

2) We will consider an off-campus venue (Joe's, for example) for the
informal Friday night party, with a wider selection of food.

3) We will divide the prospectives into three separate streams for the lab
tour.  We will also consider having different research themes for each
separate stream, but only if enough labs volunteer to be on the tour.

4) We will establish and designate the main hall or the coffee area at
Beckman as the interview meeting place.  Students and faculty between
interviews will meet there to locate the next person on their interview
schedules.

5) By faculty request we will keep the poster/interview session on
Saturday afternoon, and allow ample time to accommodate schedules for
faculty/prospective interviews.  However, we will consider shortening the
overall session length so that the formalities at Levis can begin a bit
earlier on Saturday evening.