[Neuropostdocs] Open House and an upcoming event

Gene Robinson generobi@life.uiuc.edu
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 11:56:47 -0600

Open House was great!  I think we made a great impression on the
prospective students and also had a wonderful time together, at all
events.  Thanks very much to Tom Anastasio, Joan Cornell, and our dedicated
2nd year students who worked so hard on this.  Thanks also to Martha
Gillette, for a great after-dinner talk.

And speaking of the Levis Center, for those of you who haven't heard yet,
there is an outstanding program that will take place this Friday and
Saturday, 8 and 9 March.  "The New Biology: Issues and Opportunities," a
symposium sponsored by the Center for Advanced Study, will feature many
prominent speakers both from UIUC and elsewhere, many of them with
relevance to neuroscience.  There are posters around showing all the
speakers and information can be obtained from the CAS website.

All sessions are open to everyone and will take place at the Levis Center.

Gene

Gene E. Robinson
Professor, Department of Entomology
Director, Neuroscience Program