[Neuropostdocs] Special opportunity

Gene Robinson generobi@life.uiuc.edu
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:31:01 -0500

--=====================_7877547==_.ALT

Dear NSP Students,

It is now common and mostly mandatory for graduate students in the sciences
to have an annual ethics seminar.  Unfortunately due to a communications
snafu we were not notified this year of the seminar offered by the School
of Molecular and Cellular Biology, even though since this is the
adminstrative home of NSP, this is where our seminar offering would come
from.  However, the School of Integrative Biology is holding their ethics
seminar this Friday, and they are kindly allowing NSP students to attend.

"How to Have a Dispute Professionally"
Tina Gunsalus, Special Counsel, Office of University Counsel, Adjunct
Professor, College of Law
Friday, April 26, 4PM
B102 Chem and Life Sciences Lag Auditorium

This should be treated as "mandatory," but with notification coming at such
late date, attendance for NSP students will not be taken.  Tina Gunsalus is
a well recognized expert in these matters and is frequently quoted in the
pages of Science on ethics issues.  I strongly encourage you take advantage
of this excellent opportunity.

Postdocs are welcome as well.

Gene

Gene E. Robinson